Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daymaker....


I read this awesome book this week by David Wagner called Life as a Daymaker.

The author talks about ways to make your life better by making people's days better. I love this concept and try to live it, though honestly sometimes life gets in the way, and negative thoughts take over. Reading this book was refreshing and was a good reminder to live my life the way I prefer (and not how my stress dictates). I am no Mother Theresa, but I'm trying:)

One of my favorite quotes was in the book and reading it sent me back to a time in college when this quote live on my dorm wall. With my mom dying it was easy for me to feel sorry for myself and also judge others if they did not react appropriately to my needs (even if my needs included solitude).

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
-Plato


I passed it on to two co-workers who are having a tough time...and I am continually repeating it to myself to help balance my judgments.


My gift to you:

This sweet picture:)

0 comments:

...................................................

...................................................

tracker